Monday, March 11, 2019

Zipper at Dusk

Sold  16 by 22 inches, Acrylic on acid free illustration board
The smell of the freshly popped popcorn and the taste of the sugary cThis painting depicts a small diner in downtown St. Louis located near Busch Stadium.  The diner is known for its sliders.  This is one of several recent paintings of mine that feature diffused lighting. otton candy along with the sight of the zipper carnival ride bring to mind those warm muggy summer nights of my youth.  With my own children and now my grandchildren I am very fortunate to be able to relive those nights again as we visit local county fairs and the State Fair.  With the recent rash of cold wintry weather I thought that painting one of my favorite summer images would bring some much needed emotional warmth.

1 comment: